Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Stand your ground!

I had some difficulty last night at Walmart.  Apparently one of the staff (who likes to argue anyway) didn't know about the price match policy for off brand items.  The person who checked me out didn't give me any problems, but I was charged for too many gallons of milk and didn't realize it until after I went out to the car.  When I went back in I was directed to my "favorite" night shift person.  She grumbled about having to return something.  She grumbled about reading the receipt.  She grumbled about everything possible.  Then she asked me what ad I matched from.  I told her Freedom gas station.  She said, we can't price match off brand.  I said, your policy has changed and now you can. I stated "I talked to Autumn this morning to confirm the change" (I keep track of who I talk to so you have a name to reference).  She responded, "Yeah, well Autumn isn't in charge of the store." (See what I mean about her being my "favorite") She then said, "you're lucky you didn't go to me to check out, I wouldn't have let you price match that". She gave me my money back for the extra gallon of milk and told me to have a good night. 

Moral of the story:
1. Don't go to Walmart after 11pm.  I know this already, but I do it anyway.  Argh!
2. Be ready to stand your ground.  I have a copy of every store's coupon policy and price match policy in my binder so I can show any cashier that wants to argue (most won't).  If you do have someone arguing with you who won't budge, don't be afraid to call a manager or talk to the manager after you check out.

But, most importantly, don't go to Walmart after 11 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment